Obama and Clean Coal – not green enough (yet)
Barack Obama – everybody’s darling from Washington, DC (USA) is a big in supporting CLEAN COAL technology in the United States. See this ad:
Now here is the Problem:
„Clean Coal“ is not clean! The technology of Carbon Dioxide Capture and Storage (CCS) is nowhere near reality. But it is:
- expensive (research as well as doing it)
- dangerous (CO2 is lethal, if this comes out somewhere, people gonna die)
- polluting (yes, you can never capture all of it)
- wasting (for this technology, you actually need to burn more coal as it needs up to 30% more energy)
- unsustainable (funds as well as energy-demand for renewable energy projects are less available)
- not a solution (we still dig coal, oil and gas out of the ground and burn it – nature needed millions of years what we destroy in some years)
This means: there is no CLEAN COAL!
It seems as if Joe Biden (Vice-President) knows more about the topic – but maybe he just was in a hurry, see this:
Edit: I just found a picture of a possible Clean Coal Powerplant. Click on it to read the related article!