CAN Press-Briefing, Wednesday June 10th, Bonn Climate Talks
Here a small update from the CAN (Climate Action Network, the biggest Network of international NGOs) Press Briefing just a second ago:
– There is a positive change in tone at least compared to Poznan,we have seen generally good informal discussions.
– But there is a short-fall in terms of what we need: e.g. targets on financing.
– NGOs are giving out T-Shirts saing „How old will you be in 2050?“
– A visible gap between science and reality. We need to stop arguing climate change and start taking actions.
– There is an opportunity that is not being seized, there is a lot of money out there that has to be moved in the right direction.
– It’s good to have the US back withan open heart and an open mind.
– We need a shared responsibility and a shared leadership – but leadership is also within the work of every individual person.
– A total of 131€ have been donated by a number of high-school students to the Adaptation Fund that needs to be filled with at least 120 billion US$ to avoid catastrophic impacts of the already happening Climate Change. Thanks! So now a hat is given around the Press Room to collect more.
– The exact same meeting as here could happen in Copenhagen if there is no progress in Bonn.
– G77/China has already come out with their framework on adaptation plans,good.
– The delegates have to go back to their head of states and ask for a better mandate, one that will let all move forward!!!